Wednesday, October 10, 2007

Is football season over yet?

I have express my love for the game of football. I have expressed my passion for Notre Dame football and Denver Bronco football.

Two programs that are used to winning and their fans are used to cheering.

Being as both of these teams are having forgettable seasons (Notre Dame 1-5, Broncos 2-3), I have learned a lot about being a fan of these two squads.

I am spoiled.

There are a lot of fans out there that deal with losses year in and year out.

The Irish were expected to struggle so I was already prepared for that. The Broncos, on the other hand, were supposed to contend for a Super Bowl. It hasn't showed and this past Sunday the Broncos and their fans reached the lowest of lows. The Broncos were crushed by the San Diego Changers 41-3 at home.

I guess my prediction about LaDainian Tomlinson running all over the Broncos defense didn't turn out to be true but his running mate, Michael Turner, ran for 147 yards.

It was the worst Bronco home loss since 1966 and defiantly the worst Bronco game I have ever watched in my lifetime.

But do you know what? I still love them.

No comments: